The prosecution has rested. Did they do enough to prove their case against Casey Anthony? Will little Caylee get the justice she deserves? Here are just a few of the most stunning, heart-wrenching and unbelievable moments so far in the State of Florida VS. Casey Marie Anthony.
1. In opening statements, prosecutors for the first time said duct tape was the weapon used to kill 2-year-old Caylee Marie in the summer of 2008.
2. The defense said in its opening statement that Caylee was never missing. On June 16, 2008, she drowned in the family swimming pool. They also claim tha it was George Anthony who pulled Caylee’s lifeless body from the pool.
3. Defense claims that for years, George sexually abused Casey
4. Former boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro testifies that Casey told him that her brother Lee ‘tried to feel her up’ . The jury was not present during Lazzaro’s testimony.
6. Jeff Hopkins takes the stand. He calls Casey’s story, “one great fiction” . Testifies that he did not introduce Casey to ‘Zanny The Nanny’.
7. Jurors watch more videos of jailhouse visits between Casey and her parents. During one of these videos, Casey quickly dismisses the idea that Caylee could have possibly drowned.
8. A forensic computer expert testifies that someone in the Anthony house performed computer searches for such terms as “ruptured spleen,” “internal bleeding,” “neck breaking” and “chloroform” in March 2008.
10. Dr.G testifies. “There is no child that should have duct tape on its face when it dies. There is no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. Based on our experience, we’ve seen this in cases of homicide.”
11. Jurors watched a video of Caylee’s face that morphed into her skull with duct tape over it. Jose Baez asked for a mistrial, calling the video prejudicial. He was denied.
12. Elizabeth Fontaine, a physical scientist and forensic examiner, testifies that there was heart-shaped residue on the duct tape that had been over the mouth of the 2-year-old.
13. Cindy Anthony testifies again. Mouths ‘I Love You’ to her daughter who turns away.
14. Casey’s Bella Vita tattoo revealed.
For more on what Casey was up to while her daughter was ‘missing’ click HERE
So the prosecution has rested and now the defense will present their case…Do you think the prosecution has done enough? What do you think of the trial so far? Do you have nightmares that the jury will get it wrong? Let’s discuss in the comments!